apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr configure.in
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 22:21:22 GMT
Greg Ames <gregames@remulak.net> writes:

> gregames@apache.org wrote:
> >
> > gregames    02/03/22 13:41:47
> >
> >   Modified:    .        configure.in
> >   Log:
> >   get rid of the -g compiler flag on OS/390, unless this is a debug or
> >   maintainer mode build.
>
> Does anyone have a problem with doing the same on all platforms?  I will commit
> such a fix soon if I don't hear any objections.
>
> On Linux, with -g, httpd is 1062084 bytes.  Without -g, it's 430464 bytes.  I
> remember Rasmus commenting on the size of the 2.0 executable a while back.

If backtraces posted by users to our mailing lists and our bug
databases will be even a little easier to look at, then I am strongly
in favor of keeping the -g as a default.  If somebody is worried about
that amount of space then let them strip the executable files.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...