apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: Symbol name consistency
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2002 23:34:24 GMT
On Sun, 17 Mar 2002, Thom May wrote:

> > > +apr_network_service_byname_get   from apr_getservbyname
> > > +apr_network_ip_subnet_create     from apr_ipsubnet_create
> > > +apr_network_ip_subnet_test       from apr_ipsubnet_test
> > > +apr_network_socket_inherit_set   from apr_socket_set_inherit
> > > +apr_network_socket_inherit_unset from apr_socket_unset_inherit
> >
> > Why put the word network in?
> >
> Agreed, but again in terms of consistency I felt I should list them.

On some of them, maybe.  But on the apr_socket_*, no.  Our naming
convention is that the function is named after the apr_foo_t type it
operates on, not what header file it's in.  apr_socket_set_inherit
operates on an apr_socket_t, so the name is correct.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA