apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc M. Adkins" <Marc.M.Adk...@Doorways.org>
Subject Logging
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2002 07:40:15 GMT
Is there going to be any APR logging functionality?  It seems a reasonable
addition, and I'm somewhat surprised to not see it yet.  Especially since
Apache itself obviously does some amount of logging.

It's been suggested to me that log4j would be a good set of functionality
for this purpose.  I took a look and it has a lot of the features that I've
come to desire myself (and re-implemented over the years in various
languages).

Unfortunately the log4c port (of log4j) seems less than optimal.  I would
think that it could be done somewhat better, retaining more of the original
log4j functionality, despite the lack of objects in C.

If it's just a matter of finding someone with time and interest I might be
willing to have a go at it.  Or is there a reason why this isn't supposed to
be a part of the APR?

Marc M. Adkins