apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: APR Binaries
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 20:47:22 GMT
At 04:14 AM 3/5/2002, you wrote:
>To build APR is not that difficult.  On the Windows platform you either
>need MSVC or cygwin.

Please be advised;

the cygwin build is NOT a win32 platform build - it uses the cygwin emulation
layer, with all it's beauty and blemishes :)

We would -certainly- entertain the mingw32 patches to build the native win32
binaries based on mingw.  Admittedly, that may be more difficult with the
native
APIs we use internally, but I suspect it's doable.

I'll be happy to review any mingw build script here, just follow the usual
guidelines [diff -u3, prefer cvs diff -u3 against the current tree.]

Bill