apr-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Gross <christiangr...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: APR Binaries
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 10:14:12 GMT

To build APR is not that difficult.  On the Windows platform you either
need MSVC or cygwin.

Since you already stated that you do not have MSVC you will need to install
cygwin.  When you do that please make sure that you do a couple of
additional things:

1)  Set the directories and paths correctly.  Make sure that the UNIX tools
get a chance first in the path.
2)  Download some additional GNUWIN UNIX tools (cygwin tools sometimes
crash) specifically gawk for Win32.

Then you can build like any ol'Unix platform (Just tested on my box).

Hope that helps

At 01:05 05/03/2002 -0800, Jason Filby wrote:
>Hey all
>Seems like the NSPR team make binaries available and prefer the
>binaries to be used if you're just a user of the API. I saw no
>binaries for APR on the site. Since I don't have MSVC++, is there any
>interest in providing binaries for APR on the site?
>- Jason
>Do You Yahoo!?
>Try FREE Yahoo! Mail - the world's greatest free email!

View raw message