apr-dev mailing list archives

From jean-frederic clere <jfrederic.cl...@fujitsu-siemens.com>
Subject Re: solaris 2.8 fails to compile two test programs
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:18:28 GMT
Dale Ghent wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>
> | I've also heard of Solaris patches to add /dev/random.  Those would
> | work too, I guess.   -- justin
>
> You know, I keep hearing this, too, and yet I scour sunsolve for them, and
> I dont see a single one.
>
> People might have it confused with the SUNWski package, which comes with
> the Sun Mail Server suite... it includes a randomness daemon that spews
> stuff out via /dev/random, which is a pipe rather than an actual device.
>
> /dale

I have used ./configure --with-egd=/var/run/egd-pool (and of course compiled and
installed prngd). That solves the random problem.

Now I have a problem with atomics:
+++
/bin/sh /export/home/apache20/apache/httpd-2.0/srclib/apr/libtool --silent
--mode=link  /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -g -mt   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSOLARIS2=8
-D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -D_REENTRANT   -I../include     -o testatomic
testatomic.lo ../libapr.la   -lm -lsocket -lnsl -lresolv  -ldl
ild: (undefined symbol) apr_atomic_inc -- referenced in the text segment of
testatomic.o
ild: (undefined symbol) apr_atomic_add -- referenced in the text segment of
testatomic.o
ild: (undefined symbol) apr_atomic_cas -- referenced in the text segment of
testatomic.o
ild: (undefined symbol) apr_atomic_set -- referenced in the text segment of
testatomic.o
ild: (undefined symbol) apr_atomic_init -- referenced in the text segment of
testatomic.o
make[2]: *** [testatomic] Error 5
make[2]: Leaving directory `/export/home/apache20/apache/httpd-2.0/srclib/apr/te
+++
Missing _sparc?

Cheers

Jean-frederic