apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jens-Uwe Mager <...@anubis.han.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/dso/unix dso.c
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2002 23:29:46 GMT
On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 03:20:27PM -0800, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 12:04:07AM +0100, Jens-Uwe Mager wrote:
> > Darwin is a BSD kernel on top of MACH. The current implementation maps
> > POSIX threads to MACH kernel threads in a one to one implementation. The
> > implementation is not without flaws either, as for example there are
> > problems with cancellation, signal handling (I believe) and process
> > shared mutexes.
>
> Awesome! That is good news -- what OS' thread lib  doesn't have problems
> with thread cancellation and signal handling? ;)

I did have remarkable few problems with the AIX 4.3 pthread library
(before they started the N to M user to kernel level scheduling thingy).
Also the Solaris 8 one user level thread to one kernel LWP thread
library in /usr/lib/lwp works remarkably well. The Solaris N to M user
to kernel level thread library appears to complex to make it work well
at all.

--
Jens-Uwe Mager	<pgp-mailto:62CFDB25> <jabber:jum@jabber.com>