apr-dev mailing list archives

From INOUE Seiichiro <in...@ariel-networks.com>
Subject [Q] apr_poll_revents_get() before apr_accept() on Windows
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2002 16:32:06 GMT
Hi,

I have a question about apr_poll_revents_get() behavior on Windows.
I want to check whether the socket is apr_accept()'able.
On Unix, I can check the socket becomes readable by apr_poll().
On Windows, when I do the same thing, apr_poll_revents_get() returns APR_POLLERR.

In apr_poll_revents_get(), WSARecv() causes WSAENOTCONN,
if the socket hasn't been apr_accept()'ed yet.
(Windows2000 case. I don't know other Windows.)

I attach a sample program for an easy reproduction.

My question is,
What is a proper solution?
libapr should take care of it, or applications should?

Thanks in advance.

- INOUE Seiichiro <inoue@ariel-networks.com>
  http://www.ariel-networks.com