apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: rev 1551 - trunk/packages/freebsd/apr-devel/files
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 19:56:15 GMT
On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 11:55:25AM -0800, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 12:40:10PM -0500, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> > The issue is with the way autoconf 2.53 does it's variable
> > substitution.  it's apparently different than 2.52 (or whatever the
> > last version of autoconf in the ports tree was), and breaks apr's
> > 'make install' as a result.
>
> Was there an email somewhere that described the problem? "breaks apr" isn't
> enough to assist here. With the info on hand on what breaks, then maybe we
> can come up with a proper fix here.

I discussed it with Justin Erenkrantz on IRC, and he posted something
about it to the svn list (in response to my commit of this patch to
the FreeBSD port).  I think he CC'd the apr list with that, but I'm not
possitive, as I'm not on that list at the moment.

The problem is that top_blddir isn't getting set in the Makefile, due
to some change in the way that the new autoconf does variable
substitution.  The patch I committed to the port fixes the simple
case, but apparently (according to Justin) breaks other things in the
build (builddir != srcdir I believe).

-garrett

--
garrett rooney                     Unix was not designed to stop you from
rooneg@electricjellyfish.net       doing stupid things, because that would