apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr CHANGES Makefile.in apr-config.in configure.in
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:43:49 GMT
On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 03:54:12PM -0800, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 07:26:13PM -0000, jerenkrantz@apache.org wrote:
> > jerenkrantz    02/03/09 11:26:13
> >
> >   Modified:    .        CHANGES Makefile.in apr-config.in configure.in
> >   Log:
> >   Allow APR to install its own libtool into an installbuilddir.
> >
> >   Add --with-installbuilddir to configure.
>
> Why does it have the --with on there? Normally, --with means "use this
> package". Another comparison point is that all the other directory options
> to not have --with: --bindir, --libdir, --includedir, etc
>
> I'd recommend changing it to just --installbuilddir. But all of those are
> installation directories, so it is really just --builddir.

I don't think this can be done with a simple autoconf macro, but we do
have a nifty new APACHE_PARSE_ARGUMENTS macro that we can add all these
autoconf-like-but-not-really-autoconf path arguments to. Luckily we should
already be setting installbindir from the layout by default, so this
would just let us override it w/o having to edit the config.layout file.

-aaron