apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject bucket api patch
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 06:12:04 GMT

Well, it's not finished yet, but it's something you can look at if you
like.  http://icarus.apache.org/~jwoolley/ .

Things missing:

(a) calls to apr_bucket_alloc_create() and _destroy() at strategic
locations within the MPMs.  I'm hoping that's something one of you guys
can help me with, since I haven't exactly spent a lot of time in the MPMs
lately.

(b) the actually allocator itself -- right now, it's a wrapper around
malloc() and free() (which is why we can get away without (a) at the
moment) -- this part will fall easily into place as soon as Sander's pool
API change is done.  He and I talked about that today and it seems a
perfect fit for the job.

I've tested the patch as it is right now to compile and run and pass
httpd-test, but more eyes looking for stupid mistakes in largely
uninteresting but widespread changes would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com