apr-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Ghent <da...@elemental.org>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (apr-util) Wed Feb 27 23:45:15 EST 2002
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 06:32:57 GMT
On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

| RELEASE NON-SHOWSTOPPERS BUT WOULD BE REAL NICE TO WRAP THESE UP:
|
|     * Solaris's Sun Freeware (sfw) package has a busted gcc/ld setup.
|       This gcc passes -L/opt/sfw/lib to /usr/ccs/bin/ld, but does not
|       pass -R.  Therefore, when trying to run the code using a
|       library from /opt/sfw/lib (say, libdb), the run-time linker
|       will not look in /opt/sfw/lib and the program will die.
|                 Should check latest sfw package set and see if Sun
|                 may have fixed this.

A workd-around in configure.in might go something like so:

if [ `${CC} -v 2>&1 | grep opt/sfw >/dev/null` ]; then
    LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L/opt/sfw/lib -R/opt/sfw/lib"
fi

that will see if the gcc being used lives out of /opt/sfw.

alternatively, we can just test for the existance of /opt/sfw/lib and add
it to LDFLAGS if it exists:

if [ `ls -d /opt/sfw/lib >/dev/null 2>&1` ]; then ...

I'd hack on it, but I have not a clue as to where in configure.in I would
put such logic. Anyone willing to provide a tip?

/dale