apr-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bp...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: bucket api patch
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 07:19:46 GMT
Cliff Woolley wrote:

>Well, it's not finished yet, but it's something you can look at if you
>like.  http://icarus.apache.org/~jwoolley/ .
>
>Things missing:
>
>(a) calls to apr_bucket_alloc_create() and _destroy() at strategic
>locations within the MPMs.  I'm hoping that's something one of you guys
>can help me with, since I haven't exactly spent a lot of time in the MPMs
>lately.

I can take on this part for prefork and worker.  One question,
though: how will apr_bucket_free() work once the real version
is implemented?  Will it actually free up the space within
the allocator for reuse, or will it be a no-op?

The strategy for placing the apr_bucket_alloc_create() and
_destroy() calls depends a lot on how apr_bucket_free() works.

--Brian