apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr configure.in
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 16:05:18 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> gregames@apache.org writes:
>
> > gregames    02/02/15 14:36:40
> >
> >   Modified:    build    apr_hints.m4
> >                .        configure.in
> >   Log:
> >   provide APR_CC_HINTS.  This allows us to specify a default compiler
> >   which the user can override externally (i.e., the compiler choice isn't
> >   forced).  Then AC_PROG_CC can verify that the compiler works, and
> >   logic in APR_PRELOAD can make decisions based on the compiler choice.
>
> Shouldn't all the old logic in hints.m4 to set CC be moved to the
> APR_CC_HINTS macro?  I'm wondering why you moved the CC settings just
> for OS/390 and OS/400...

OS/390 and OS/400 used SETIFNULL, the others forced CC.  The forcing of CC might
have been for historical reasons (i.e. no nicer way to do it at the time), but I
don't know for sure.

I'll go ahead and change the others to use the new approach - it ought to just
work.  If for some reason it causes a problem on some platform, we can deal with
it.

Greg