apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/build apu-conf.m4
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2002 02:31:30 GMT
On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 07:21:03PM -0000, jerenkrantz@apache.org wrote:
> jerenkrantz    02/02/08 11:21:03
>
>   Modified:    build    apu-conf.m4
>   Log:
>   We don't need APRVARS.

You sure about that? Later in the configure operation, we do some
compiles/links to look for versions of DB. Those might require a custom CC,
CFLAGS, etc to work correctly.

I saw you already compensated for the so_ext and target.

All that said, there is also something to be said for "stop pussyfooting
around and nuke the APRVARS reference. if something *does* happen to break,
then we'll hear about it."

But still... I'd rather some thought at least be applied. I hadn't gone all
the way down that road, which is why I left the APRVARS usage in there.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/