apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: APR WCE take 3
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 02:30:56 GMT
From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@covalent.net>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 8:24 PM

> Going back to take two...
>
> I'm reviewing and committing so changes to occur fairly shortly don't create
> extra hassles later applying these patches.
>
> Some are trivial, some are very close to rights.  I'm committing those tonight.
>
> Some need more review.  I'm uncomfortable with one aspect or another of your
> choices in porting in such module patches - so I'll post questions to the
> list and your attention on those points.  But that takes significantly more
> time to either reassure myself they are fine-as-is, or post the question on
> how we should approach them.
>
> Some are outright wrong.  I'll post those as well with detailed explanation
> of the underlying issues.  Again, it takes more time than I have tonight.

I should have added a last category, before you panic.  There are a number
of the WinCE patches which make me question the design or correctness of
the existing apr code.  Those patches I myself will do all the correction work
while fixing the underlying bogosity we had when you started hacking WinCE :)

Bill