apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: apr.dsp is with unix EOLs in the tarball 0.9
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:42:03 GMT
From: "Karl Fogel" <kfogel@newton.ch.collab.net>
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 1:45 AM

> The "problem" is that we rolled a tarball that has the Unix
> line-ending style everywhere.  If someone checks out apr/ on Windows
> using CVS (say), they would get the DOS-style endings...

Of course, you could throw up a link on the download page for Win32
users as well, and save yourselves the hassle of creating two packages;

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/apr/build/lineends.pl?content-type=text/plain

Browsers are pretty good at saving text/plain files with the native
platform's lineends as well :)

Sorry if I wasted your time responding, Karl... comes up for discussion,
oh, about every 12 months.  Figured I'd write an answer thorough enough
to archive for future use.