apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: apr-util gdbm/db crappiness
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2002 22:26:40 GMT
Jon Travis <jtravis@covalent.net> writes:

> > AIX doesn't support inter-library dependencies with libtool.  We
> > tried this and had to back it out.  I'm waiting for Jeff to give
> > us a go-ahead (since he vetoed it last time).  IIRC, before the
> > vacations started, he was playing with libtool on AIX.  So, we
> > may make progress on this soonish.  -- justin
>
> Hrmm -- it'd be nice to have.  Break all platforms just to fix AIX? ;-)

If you want libtool to to be able to handle this properly, you
should probably create a simple testcase to post to the libtool
mailing list.  I'll be glad to gather output from trying to build it
on AIX.

AIX is hardly the only platform where libtool has issues.  Heck,
libtool won't do squat on some of our platforms and folks have
had to implement their own version.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...