apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/include/arch/unix shm.h
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 05:28:34 GMT
aaron@apache.org writes:

> aaron       02/01/22 16:03:40
>
>   Modified:    shmem/unix shm.c
>                include/arch/unix shm.h
>   Log:
>   Major updates to the Unix shmem implementation:

AIX with worker, Linux with prefork:

[crit] (17)File exists: Fatal error: could not open(create) scoreboard

On the Linux box I had an existing apache_runtime_status file.  Once I
removed it manually it would start/stop normally.

Cleanup or not, apr_shm_create() probably needs to try to yank the
file first since we might have gone down previously without running
cleanups.

Or if you want to fail the create when the file exists in case the
shared memory is active, I guess the Apache startup code could yank
the file before calling apr_shm_create().

Or don't use O_CREAT|O_EXCL.

I dunno.

On AIX, even if I manually remove apache_runtime_status Apache won't
start.

I followed it through with dbx and it is shmget() which is returning
EEXIST.  This is supposed to mean:

"A shared memory identifier exists for the Key parameter, and both the
IPC_CREAT and IPC_EXCL flags are set in the SharedMemoryFlag
parameter."

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...