apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Sander Striker" <stri...@apache.org>
Subject APR_POOL_DEBUG is functioning again WAS: RE: Don't use APR_POOL_DEBUG
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 08:53:26 GMT

As of a recent commit the apr pools debug code is
functioning again.  I tested it with httpd-2.0 HEAD
and it works (both tried worker and prefork to see
if everything goes to the log ok).

Some hints (that probably change when we move to
a numbered system for selecting the debug mode):

If you want a debug build:
$ CPPFLAGS=-DAPR_POOL_DEBUG ./configure ...
$ make

If you want a verbose debug build:
$ make

When switching between verbose and regular, only
recompile apr_pools.c and relink:
$ rm srclib/apr/memory/unix/apr_pools.o

A tip on starting the server (when verbose debug is on):
# cd <where httpd is installed>
# bin/httpd 2>>logs/error_log

This will put all of the debug output in the log,
even the start of the server (at which time the
log isn't opened, but pools are being created).

View raw message