apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Havard" <bri...@kheldar.apana.org.au>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/threadproc/win32 proc.c
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:34:43 GMT
On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 19:50:19 -0800, Greg Stein wrote:

>On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 08:52:03PM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

Well, other platforms CAN provide it and I'd guess you could do it on unix
too if you really tried (do the path search yourself perhaps?). The
non-unix platforms sometimes have to jump through hoops to implement
behaviour that is standard on unix (usually because the API was designed by
a unixhead :) so why shouldn't the reverse be true sometimes?