apr-dev mailing list archives

From Wilfredo Sánchez <wsanc...@MIT.EDU>
Subject Re: Another darwin/10.1 problem
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2002 15:53:32 GMT
   I'm guessing here that mod_access.so was build as a library and not as
a bundle.  Run file on the .so to find out.  It should say "Mach-O
bundle ppc" and not "Mach-O dynamically linked shared library".  For
example:

[bartleby:~] wsanchez% file /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib: Mach-O fat file with 2 architectures
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (for architecture ppc):      Mach-O
dynamically linked shared library ppc
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (for architecture i386):     Mach-O
dynamically linked shared library i386
[bartleby:~] wsanchez% file /usr/libexec/httpd/mod_access.so
/usr/libexec/httpd/mod_access.so: Mach-O bundle ppc

   (My libSystem is fat ppc+i386...)

   If this is the problem, the .so's aren't being linked properly ("cc
-bundle" not "cc -dynamiclib").  One thing to look for is GNU libtool
should be getting the -module flag when building modules, or it will
make this mistake.

	-Fred