apr-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Gross <christiangr...@yahoo.de>
Subject WIN32 Builds and complexity
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:45:21 GMT
Ok,

I do not want to seem like a whiner, but I would like to say that the WIN32
Apache build test process has become utterly complex.  Here are the
following reasons:

1) AWK is necessary and my AWK from Cygwin crashes everytime it is
used.  My Cygwin installation is up to date with the latest edition.

2) Everything within the VC++ application is stored within in their
respective DEBUG directories.  With so many pieces now debugging has become
very difficult.  You cannot simply move the DLL since then the debugger
becomes confused.

3) To set breakpoints the DLL's have to pre-loaded into the debug space,
otherwise you get a constant error of breakpoint not being able to set.

My suggestion is to create a project for building versions of Apache that
people can use to build production capable releases.  But for the debug
crowd there is a simple project that is like the previous Apache build,
where you loaded one project, hit build, set a breakpoint and debugged your
sources.

I can do this if so desired.

Christian Gross