apr-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <brian.p...@cnet.com>
Subject Re: Time funniness between HPUX and everyone else
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2002 01:48:06 GMT
Jon Travis wrote:

>Ok, here's a small patch which gets things working correctly for me.
>Not sure if this patch is correct, though.

Thanks, I just tested this on Solaris and Linux, and it produced
the expected results on both.  The patch logic looks okay, with one
possible exception: if NETWARE is defined, do you really want to fall
into the "if (tm->tm_isdst)" check if the "if (daylightOnOff)" check
fails?  Or should it be:

#ifdef NETWARE
    /* Need to adjust the global variable each time otherwise
        the web server would have to be restarted when daylight
        savings changes.
    */
    if (daylightOnOff) {
        return server_gmt_offset + daylightOffset;
    }
#else
    if(tm->tm_isdst) {
        return server_gmt_offset + 3600;