apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/threadproc/win32 proc.c
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 19:52:29 GMT
On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 08:34:43PM +1000, Brian Havard wrote:
> Well, other platforms CAN provide it and I'd guess you could do it on unix
> too if you really tried (do the path search yourself perhaps?). The
> non-unix platforms sometimes have to jump through hoops to implement
> behaviour that is standard on unix (usually because the API was designed by
> a unixhead :) so why shouldn't the reverse be true sometimes?

That would be fine, but add it as a cmdtype, rather than determination based
on what you happen to pass as 'env' to apr_proc_create(). By using a
cmdtype, then a platform can bail at cmdtype_set() time (like Netware does).
Returning ENOTIMPL from apr_proc_create() would be bad -- it doesn't signify
that it was a *combination* of args that is not implemented.

Much easier to return something from cmdtype_set() to indicate that a
particular type is not supported on the platform.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/