apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: types for bucket/brigade sizes (was: Re: bug in apr_brigade.c)
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:59:42 GMT
On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 01:33:58AM -0800, Greg Stein wrote:
> We should do the following:
>
> typedef apr_off_t apr_bucket_size_t;
> typedef apr_off_t apr_brigade_size_t;
>
> And then use the appropriate type. We can then monkey the underlying types
> every six months when the conversaion comes up :-)

+1.

I can see apr_bucket_read still returning apr_size_t - there is
nothing that says that a bucket must return all of its data in
one read (even if the size is known).  Hmm.  How would we handle
that construction?  Would the underlying bucket split itself?
Or, could we handle it another way?  But, the bucket and brigade
sizes should be consistent regardless.

I will take a pass at seeing how hard this would be to implement
this weekend.  -- justin