apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: bug in apr_brigade.c
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:30:40 GMT
On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 12:07:33PM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> We've been through this; read the threads please.  But long story short, a

That's a cop out. "read the threads" ... how is a person to start? There are
a billion threads on buckets, brigades, filtering, etc.

> 'bucket' is a unit that _may_ be read into memory (although it need not)
> while the 'brigade' may obviously be huge.

No. A bucket is a unit of data. Totally unrelated to reading into memory.

It is *entirely* feasible to create a bucket that represents 20G of data and
then shove that out a socket.

Cheers,
-g

--