apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/misc/unix rand.c
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2002 06:25:38 GMT
On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 06:22:26AM -0000, jerenkrantz@apache.org wrote:
> jerenkrantz    02/01/07 22:22:26
>
>   Modified:    .        CHANGES acconfig.h configure.in
>                include  apr.h.in
>                misc/unix rand.c
>   Log:
>   Add support for EGD-compatible entropy gatherers (such as EGD or PRNGd).
>   At configure-time, specify --with-egd=/path/to/egd/socket.

As you can see, I ditched going the pure APR route and wrote the
code (*holding nose*) with native calls.  It compiles on Solaris
and testrand works.  Please test on other platforms and commit
relevant portability fixes.  =)

At some point, we'll need to setup some type of hook to setup
the random number funcs so we can allow httpd/flood to specify
the EGD socket.  But, let's get this in now.  -- justin