apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Time to tag (was Re: [PROPOSAL] apr_shm_t, a new shared memory API to replace old)
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 21:55:05 GMT
> >** Warning to any apps using APR shared memory: apr_shmem.h will soon
> >be removed. It will be replaced with apr/include/apr_shm.h for the
> >base allocation/mapping routines, and apr-util/include/apr_rmm.h for
> >the memory management routines. **
>
> do you think we should TAG .30 before you introduce this?

I personally think we should tag .30 as soon as possible, and should have
done it a week ago. If I was more confortable with the tagging process
I would have done it myself.

I'd like to reiterate my position about tagging and betas: The HTTPD
group needs to release MORE betas and MORE often. We are doing our user
community a disservice by having so few releases. If the current state of
our repository is better than the last beta, as I believe it is at this
moment, we should tag and vote and roll! IMNSHO there is never a reason to
hold up a tag if the tagger believes the current code is the best so far.

Do I have any support for a tag right now?

-aaron