apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] apr_shm_t, a new shared memory API to replace old
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 19:25:18 GMT
On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 11:25:55AM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 10:50:58AM -0800, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> > This is not entirely true. It turns out that although the old shmem API
> > is prefixed with apr_shmem, it actually prefixes its functions with just
> > apr_shm, which means there is a name conflict between the two destroy
> > methods. Looks like we'll have to do a little dance to get this in without
> > breaking the builds in too many places.
>
> If the patches are done RTC, I'd be comfortable doing it in one pass
> (just switch all callers and the API at once).  That way we have a
> fighting chance to not break the build.  -- justin

I agree. I think we have enough people working on this that RTC will work.

** Warning to any apps using APR shared memory: apr_shmem.h will soon
be removed. It will be replaced with apr/include/apr_shm.h for the
base allocation/mapping routines, and apr-util/include/apr_rmm.h for
the memory management routines. **

-aaron