apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] apr_shm_t, a new shared memory API to replace old
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 18:50:58 GMT
On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 10:31:23AM -0800, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> Although this API is intended to replace the original shared memory API,
> it does not need it to be removed before this one can be committed.
> Barring any blocking negative feedback, I shall produce implementations
> for this in the near future and place them into the repository for ease
> of review.

*sigh*

This is not entirely true. It turns out that although the old shmem API
is prefixed with apr_shmem, it actually prefixes its functions with just
apr_shm, which means there is a name conflict between the two destroy
methods. Looks like we'll have to do a little dance to get this in without
breaking the builds in too many places.

-aaron