apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: apr-util gdbm/db crappiness
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2002 21:43:28 GMT
On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 01:12:20PM -0800, Jon Travis wrote:
> When trying to link a simple program using apr-util using libtool, I
> get numerous errors about gdbm (and db) functions not being found.
> It turns out that libaprutil.la's dependency_libs variable doesn't
> contain a bunch of needed stuff (such as -lgdbm -ldb, etc.)  apr-util
> obviously knows about this, as it substitutes them correctly into
> APRUTIL_EXPORT_LIBS in export_vars.sh.  Is there a reason we aren't
> doing a -lstuff when creating the libtool archive?  This used to work.

AIX doesn't support inter-library dependencies with libtool.  We
tried this and had to back it out.  I'm waiting for Jeff to give
us a go-ahead (since he vetoed it last time).  IIRC, before the
vacations started, he was playing with libtool on AIX.  So, we
may make progress on this soonish.  -- justin