apr-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Debugging APR...
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2002 16:54:50 GMT
Following on from Sander & Ian's work on adding debug code to the pools, is
there any reason this can't be extended across to APR in general?  Jeff has
recently posted to httpd about a problem he's been having and has a patch
that he doesn't really want to go into APR for adding some interesting
debugging, but really the problem is more complex than that isn't it?

We should have some way of getting OS relevant debugging information out
from APR for hte various "sub" sections, probably along the same lines as
the pool debug stuff just committed.  I say OS relevant as there's no point
having general output where we differ so wildly in the types of certain key
things we'd want to see (fd == int on unix, handle on win32 and so on).

If we agree then shall we start with one particular section, say network_io
as this is potentially one of our biggest and most problematic areas?

david