apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr Makefile.in
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:17:34 GMT
Jeff Trawick <trawick@attglobal.net> writes:

> I don't have a big problem with upgrading.  Somebody needs to figure
> out what libtool we really require now and go fix the version checking
> logic in buildconf.

I take that back.  I have all sorts of failures on AIX (libtool 1.4.2)
this a.m. related to libtool.  I think we need to back this out for
now and put it back in when:

1) we know what libtool version is required and everybody has a chance
   to upgrade (or bug their sysops to upgrade)

2) people such as myself have at least some chance to debug why a
   supposedly good version of libtool can't deal with the new usage on
   a particular platform (e.g., AIX)

   if it turns out to be a libtool problem, then no forced upgrade
   until there is a new working version

   if it is our problem, then obviously it is for the person who cares
   about that platform to fix and it isn't fair to hold up the change
   for more than a few days

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...