apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr STATUS
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2001 12:57:38 GMT
jerenkrantz@apache.org writes:

> jerenkrantz    01/12/12 02:05:54
>
>   Modified:    .        STATUS
>   Log:
>   Not a big deal, but worth noting.  If anyone has an idea on how to
>   detect this, it'd be general goodness to error out when we create
>   the lock rather than waiting to error out when acquiring the lock.
>
>   +    * FreeBSD returns 45 (EOPNOTSUPP) when the lockfile is on a NFS
>   +      partition when you call fcntl(F_SETLKW).  It may be good if we
>   +      can somehow detect this and error out when creating the lock
>   +      rather than waiting for the error to occur when acquiring lock.

Other platforms return something different :(

Maybe we should try to acquire/release the lock during create time,
and return the acquire errno if that fails.  Maybe the error codes
differ between systems but at least we fail ahead of time.

That sounds easy and harmless to me.  Any improvements to this?

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...