apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject APR_POOL_DEBUG and apr_pool_tag()
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2001 17:01:13 GMT
apr_pool_tag() would seem to be very cheap in terms of space and
time as well as potentially useful for debugging problems in
production builds.

Does it really need to be noop-ed if APR_POOL_DEBUG isn't defined?
I'd like to see it always and I'd like to tweak Apache to use it in
more places.

I see that today apr_pool_tag() is almost the only thing controlled
via APR_POOL_DEBUG but I would imagine that folks will implement more
costly debug tools in the figure which you'd get with APR_POOL_DEBUG.

Thoughts?

(just fretting about the latest SIGHUP segfault with worker; pretty
likely that it is a pool misuse; it'd be nice to walk through the
coredump seeing "process", "pconf", "transaction", etc.  yeah I can
define APR_POOL_DEBUG but what happens when APR_POOL_DEBUG gets too
expensive to use on a normal basis?)
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...