apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Sander Striker" <stri...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Pools rewrite [4]
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:42:21 GMT

I had the idea to not use the allocator system or any of the
production pools code while debugging.  The debug code
will just use malloc/free instead.  In debug mode speed
isn't important anyway :)

Hmm, we could opt for two versions: let node_malloc
and node_free just do malloc and free, and let apr_palloc
and apr_pool_clear/apr_pool_destroy use malloc/free.

I do realise that this will leave the regular pools code
untouched while debugging, which is the downside to doing
it that way.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

> --Brian

Sander