apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject exposing apr_file_t's buffering struct members?
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 17:53:43 GMT
Are there any portability problems with exposing the buffering members
of the apr_file_t struct?

I've the PerlIO layer working with APR, but the problem that now it
reads one char/call, which is unacceptable and I've two choices to solve
the problem:

1. implement yet another buffering layer in PerlIO layer - this will
slow things down.

2. let PerlIO work directly with APR's apr_file_t buffer and its other
flags.

I prefer the second option performance-wise. PerlIO already has a set of
hooks to snoop on another layer's buffer. I just need them to be exposed.

What should I do?

Another missing method is apr_file_unread (I know there is ungetc, but
that does only one char), for example if Perl needs to do regex
lookahead it will read the data from the stream and then put it back.