apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr STATUS
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 19:23:53 GMT
jerenkrantz@apache.org wrote:

>   And, you thought there wasn't going to be anything happening with this
>   item (FreeBSD and threading support)?  Ha!

>   +        Status: Justin has tracked down a FreeBSD kernel hacker
>   +                (alfred@freebsd.org) and we've isolated some issues
>   +                within src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_sendfile.c.  There
>   +                are some problems in FreeBSD between libc_r and the
>   +                kernel implementation of sendfile.

This sounds encouraging.  You may have gotten further than we did last
year on daedalus.  We were seeing infinite loops in libc_r dealing with
signals whenever we built apr with threads and then hit httpd with
traffic, even with prefork.  What level of FreeBSD are you using?  And
have you ever tried a significant workload?

Greg