apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [patch srclib/apr/file_io/unix/filedup.c] broken dup
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 14:34:32 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Thanks for the fix!
>
> Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:
>

>>After dupping the fd, the first read was getting 0 as a first char. Of
>>course other platforms should probably also fixed.
>>

> While I had the time to commit this, I can't look into the other
> platforms at the moment.  If nobody does anything soon-ish I'll stuff
> something in the STATUS file (assuming that I don't forget :) ).

To avoid this kind of bugs in the future, won't it make sense to copy
the whole fd and then adjust fields that need adjustments, and not doing
it member by member. So if the fd struct adds or removes fields, at
least this will break the functions using it and force the owners to fix
these. Am I talking gibberish?