apr-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bp...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: Pools rewrite [2]
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 16:41:06 GMT
Sander Striker wrote:

>So, actually, there isn't much difference between the plain apr_pcalloc
>implementation and the apr_pcalloc macro?  (other than code duplication)
>
>The real solution seems to be eliminating apr_pcalloc calls when possible
>(and sensible).  Maybe we can have another quantify run to identify the
>most prominent left?  Brian?

I've done some profiling recently, and there aren't any obvious
candidates for apr_pcalloc elimination left.  We've fixed the big
ones already, and the cases that remain are apr_pcallocs of relatively
large structures where only a small subset of the fields are overwritten
right after the pcalloc.  The creation of request_recs is a good
example.

--Brian