apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr STATUS
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2001 02:21:00 GMT
On Tue, Dec 25, 2001 at 08:19:19PM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > I'd like to see this as a lock creation option.  Something like
> > a flag - say, APR_LOCK_VERIFY or some such.  I don't think we should
> > do the acquire/release unless asked for by the caller.  I think
> > this might mean changing or extending the lock creation APIs -
> > thoughts?  -- justin
>
> Why would it need to be an option?  Are you concerned about the
> performance?

Not really the performance, but rather the fact of doing a lock
acquisition and release during creation time strikes me the
wrong way.  I'd prefer that the caller indicate that it is okay
to do that if we must (and the accept mutex in httpd can flag
this).  But, I'm not going to be a stickler about this because
to do it my way would mean modifying the API.  -- justin