apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/build apr_hints.m4
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 23:48:28 GMT
On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 06:36:58PM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> I don't think so...  what this does is add -liconv -lpthread (or
> whatever) to the link of libapr.la
>
> the other day we had something different which really was supposed to
> get libtool to do something

Nope.  It just added EXTRA_LIBS in APR and APRUTIL_EXPORT_LIBS
to APR-util to the link of libapr(util).la.

> EXTRA_LIBS is different from what you passed in, right?

Nope.  (I added LIBTOOL_LIBS, but I don't really know how that fits
in anyway.)

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/apr/Makefile.in.diff?r1=1.62&r2=1.63

You just did the same thing, but restricted it to AIX.  =)  I want
to do this for all platforms.

> when I switched to run-time linking I also traded one set of libtool
> quirks for another (hopefully smaller) set...  I'll try to find the
> time soon-ish (next 48 hours?) to see if the current set of quirks
> will allow the inter-library dependencies to work

Please keep us posted.  =)  -- justin