apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr Makefile.in
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 19:19:17 GMT
On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 01:59:23PM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> uhh, I trust it was by accident that you committed code without prior
> discussion that used a feature that doesn't work on libtool < 1.4.? on
> any platform ;)

The docs for libtool suggested this trick should work for all
platforms.

http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_77.html

There was no mention of it not working on AIX.  =)  But, given all
of the DSO problems, I'm not surprised.

> The system refuses to load httpd because it doesn't know how to find
> libaprutil.  I would guess that the library search path that libtool
> records in the executable file is somehow hosed, but I have not had a
> chance to look into it.

Are the libraries installed?  I know that libtool is supposed to do
some rewriting of the paths when it "installs" the executable.
Perhaps that isn't happening?  -- justin