apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/build find_apr.m4
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 22:21:20 GMT
On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 01:49:34PM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 01:46:48PM -0800, Greg Stein wrote:
> > This code block goes a bit above in the alternative to --with-apr being
> > present. If --with-apr is not given, then you look at the bundled area. If
> > --with-apr *is* given, then it must exist there (as seen by the error that
> > results if it isn't found there).
>
> What I saw was that if --with-apr is not given, it looks in /usr...
> for the libraries.  Should we remove that?  I guess it could make
> sense to look in /usr et al and then if that fails, immediately
> look in the bundled source area?  -- justin

Yes.

The search order is:

0) if --with-apr is specified: it *must* occur there.

else:

1) look in places defined by the environment and/or tools (e.g. LDFLAGS
     and/or gcc's internal paths to builtin libs)
2) look in some "standard installation locations" (e.g. Berkeley has a
     default install location of /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3)
3) look in the bundled source (if available)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/