apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr STATUS
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 19:29:39 GMT
On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 02:23:53PM -0500, Greg Ames wrote:
> jerenkrantz@apache.org wrote:
> >   +        Status: Justin has tracked down a FreeBSD kernel hacker
> >   +                (alfred@freebsd.org) and we've isolated some issues
> >   +                within src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_sendfile.c.  There
> >   +                are some problems in FreeBSD between libc_r and the
> >   +                kernel implementation of sendfile.
>
> This sounds encouraging.  You may have gotten further than we did last
> year on daedalus.  We were seeing infinite loops in libc_r dealing with
> signals whenever we built apr with threads and then hit httpd with
> traffic, even with prefork.  What level of FreeBSD are you using?  And
> have you ever tried a significant workload?

I'm currently dealing with -CURRENT right now as I figure that might
be the best way to deal with the FreeBSD developers.  I'd figure that
once we have sendfile(2) working, we can start dealing with other
issues as I can identify them and pass them along.  And, I might
just get proficient enough where I can submit my own patches.  =)

I'm about to file a PR in FreeBSD-land and I'll update the STATUS
file with that PR.  -- justin