apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: disabling dbm stuff
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 19:25:29 GMT
On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 11:12:31AM -0800, Doug MacEachern wrote:
> there needs to be a way to turn off db, gdbm, etc.  for example:
>
> --enable-dbm-only=sdbm (turn off everything except sdbm)
>
> --disable-dbm=gdbm (turn off just gdbm)
>
> doesn't matter what the configure arguments are called, but this
> functionality needs to be in place.

I agree. Personally I think we should drop all the automatic db searching
stuff. Since we require no third-party db libs, we should only enable
them if explicitly told to do so with something like --enable-dbfoo.
I don't like having so many ways to do the same thing, and we're running
into broken distros left and right.

-aaron