apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Problem with memory initialization.
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 18:59:20 GMT

This took me a while to track down, but I did it.  One of the engineers at
Covalent tried to start Apache with a full /tmp file system.  None of his Apache
directives pointed to /tmp, so he assumed he would be okay.  Unfortunately,
he wasn't, the server was giving him an error because /tmp was full.

The problem is that apr_initialize() calls apr_pool_init(), which creates a
lock file in /tmp/aprXXXXXX.  I think apr_initialize should take a path to
create the lock file in.  That would allow Apache to provide the correct path.

The biggest problem is that this would change the API for the one function
that must be in every APR program.

Thoughts?

Ryan
Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org