apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: Problem with memory initialization.
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 19:36:45 GMT
On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 11:34:01AM -0800, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > The only place where I see this happening is in the shmem.c code.
> > Other than that I don't see anywhere else in APR/APR-UTIL that
> > is creating a CROSS_PROCESS or LOCKALL scoped lock.
> >
> > Perhaps it's just the accept mutex in httpd?
>
> Damn, you're right, this is an INTRAPROCESS lock.  Gotta keep
> looking for the real culprit I guess.  Regardless, why is APR still using
> the old lock API?

Last time I checked, apr_proc_mutex_t wasn't implemented across the
board, so I haven't converted the crossprocess locks yet. See the
STATUS entries for both apr and httpd-2.0 for the dirty details.

Most of the apr_thread_mutex_t types (from INTRAPROCESS) are converted,
save for code that is being actively worked on (pools) and os/2's file_io
routines.

-aaron