apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Windows cgi problem
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 19:40:17 GMT
From: "Jeff Trawick" <trawick@attglobal.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 1:17 PM

> what if we had a long-running-daemon attribute and a non-interactive
> attribute (yeah, please come up with better names):
>                  long-running-daemon                non-interactive
> Win32        child doesn't get window         child doesn't get window
> Unix         all the forks, setsid, whatever           no-op

Child must have window, or pipes are broken on Windows.  The difference is that
we need to create the worker child window detached, and hidden.  The CGI and
other execs within the child should occur attached in it's own (hidden) window,
and the parent window remains quiet amidst the storm :)

Guess we aren't doing that right now, I'll try to jump on it.

View raw message